Job Posting: Store Manager
Our Store Manager researches prospective vendors and customer groups, create outreach strategies, and identify sales opportunities. You will conduct conversations with customers, use your business acumen to identify how The Snowmass Dispensary could help our customer base, and successfully position the The Snowmass Dispensary value proposition while maintaining a compliant retail marijuana operation as defined by The State of Colorado, Town of Snowmass Village, and Eastwood Snowmass Investors LLC (ESI).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
Supplemental Pay: Bonus pay and Tips
- The Store Manager is a critical member of our team who is responsible for enabling a frictionless operation that helps the team and the business achieve its short and long-term strategic goals
- You’ll be a strategic thought partner to the store owner
- You’ll execute the Sales leadership operating system to ensure close alignment across the team
- You will build a deep understanding of our business model and customers as well as strong partnership with leadership
- Drive strategic projects that can have an impact on sales
- This will mean you will help identify and contribute to the planning and execution of strategic special projects
- Direct the team by leading cross-functional meetings, partnering with leaders to build and refine the way we report on progress, rethinking the metrics we use to define success, and ensuring it is adaptable to increasing growth and complexity
- Assist the team with managing information flow and leading the analysis, decision-making, communication, and tracking of key projects and initiatives
- Develop and manage ongoing communications and follow-ups with leadership, customers, partners, and employees
- Own the execution and outcomes of key leadership meetings by managing agendas, developing decks, delivering pre-reads, and ensuring clear action items post-meeting
- Manage prioritization of cross-functional projects and initiatives to ensure continued focus on The Snowmass Dispensary’s long-term strategy and vision
- Develop a deep understanding and connection to customers and partners and continuously keep their experience top of mind for leadership
- Proactively collect cross-functional insights to anticipate and quickly address problems
- Has a successful track record, strategy or operations role, with proven ability in executive-level advising and cross-functional collaboration to drive and create change
- Valid Colorado MED Badge (21+)
- Operations management: 3 years (Required)
- 3+ Years Cannabis Retail Management Experience
- 5+ Years Industry Experience
- Must Provide References
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Ability to adjust schedule
- Strong task management skills
- Proven ability to drive sales results and adjust to business trends
- Engaged and continually educating In industry/products
- Strong knowledge of METRC, Flowhub (or similar POS), QuickBooks. (additional software skills welcome)
- Dependable and flexible
- Compliance oversight and leadership (MED, Health, and Safety)
- Diligent record-keeping
- Maintain and develop standards of operating procedures and ensure that they are met; including but not limited to safety, inventory control, and loss prevention.
- Successfully increase revenues
- Awareness of KPIs/numbers
- Understanding of revenue, margins, and staff budget
- Understanding of store goals and sales goals
- Understanding of Costs
- Monitor and maintain margins. Balance price elasticity with margin requirements.
- Maintain statistical records and model projections
- Execute strategies and oversee business operations in accordance with The Snowmass Dispensary’s mission statement, core values, and business models.
- Adapt to changing consumer demands and stay ahead of trends.
- Ability to cater to many types of customers.
- Cultivate local relationships with employees, customers, and vendors.
- Oversee purchasing, promotions, pricing, and inventory control.
- Weekly strategy meeting
Staff and Coaching:
- Staff leadership and training
- Provide employee coaching according to individual strengths. Identify leadership roles.
- Manage staff including but not limited to conflict resolution, scheduling, direction and leadership, and training.
- Create a positive environment for employees and customers.
- Ensure staff is ready for customer service
Store Optimization and Processes:
- Oversee the seamless functioning of all systems as they relate to operations including but not limited to security and surveillance, cash registers, payment processors, point-of-sale, METRC, MED reporting, third party software, daily reconciliations, cash transfers, phone and internet, and online ordering.
- Format and input daily reconciliations.
- Respond to customer and vendor issues.
- Ensure the store is ready for the customer
- Administrative routines
- Implementation of rules, regulations, systems, and routines
- Staying up to date, being aware of tasks, and implementing them
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
Job Application Form
Please apply if you see a position that makes your heart skip a beat. Come join us and help us build a local business where we’re all proud to belong.